Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Creepy!

South of Salem: An Allegra Fairweather Mystery by Janni Nell
(Paranormal)

Allegra is a paranormal investigator, a job her mother hates until she need Allegra to help her current husband who just happens to haunted by a ghost.  Allegra is helped in her career by a guardian angel named Caspar that she has the serious hots for and he seems to reciprocate, or he would if it weren't against the guardian angel code.  In the midst of all this drama, there is also some serious sister rivalry and mother jealousy and the main character's own angst that her family can't accept her for just who she is.  Not a light mystery to just toss aside; this one will keep your attention the whole time with the intricacies of the plot.

My only complaint about this book was that it seemed to be the second in a series.  There was some background information I didn't feel privy too so I wonder if there is another one out there....

Otherwise it was a great story!  (Fully deserving of the previous exclamation point which I don't give out lightly.)  Books don't usually scare me but this one had me creeped out.  The ghost in the book was so malevolent that I had goosebumps running up my arms at several points.  I also loved the mystery.  It was my favorite kind-family secrets and history; the kind that kept me glued to the pages until the very end.  This is a series I will definitely keep checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment