Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Double the Fun!

Body Double (Jane Rizzoli Book Four) by Tess Gerritsen
(Adult Murder Mystery)

This selection is the fourth one in the Rizzoli and Isles series.  It was my first dip in the series but it won't be my last!  Honestly, I was hooked by the book jacket.  As an avid reader, I've read thousands of those jacket blurbs but this one was definitely unique.  A new plot?  One I've never read before in another guise?  Sign me up!

In this installment, Laura Rizzoli is very pregnant and gets called to investigate a murder at her friend's house, Dr. Maura Isles.  Upon arriving, she sees Dr. Isles shot dead in her car in front of the home. 

Except, Dr. Isles is just returning from a Paris work vacation to find this mayhem on her front lawn.  Who exactly is this exact replica of herself and why is this women shot dead in front of her house?  She discovers that the body is actually an identical twin sister, both of whom were given up at birth.  And, lest you think I'm spoiling the plot, that's just where the story begins!

Both women will have to question their friendship, test their own mettle and face monsters and demons before this crime is solved.  What fun--I was enthralled all the way through and am so delighted to be on the case of a new series!

No comments:

Post a Comment