Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

More Than Cozy

Death Goes Postal by Rosemary and Larry Mild

Mystery

I picked this book up expecting a cozy mystery but that isn't what I got.  Most cozy mysteries are short with thin plot lines.  This was quite a lengthy tome with a very intricate plot and many intricate subplots.  Appearances can be deceiving.

The story centers around middle-aged married couple Dan and Rivka Sherman.  During a mid-life crisis, they decide to buy a bookstore in a huge Victorian mansion.  They knew they were inheriting some issues, but had no idea they were going to be the victims of a ruthless killer determined to retrieve a priceless manuscript.

There are many quirky characters in this book.  "Appearances can be deceiving" would probably have been a better title because that is true of the characters and their individual situations in this book.  I like how the authors tell the story from each of their points of views.  It adds depth to the story but still doesn't give away the murderer.  I really liked how we also got into the mind of the murderer and watched the murder but still didn't know who it was.

I love that this is an indie book of quality.  It is meticulously and carefully written and produced.  I also love that it is written by a husband/wife team.  That is just too adorable.  Their picture on the back is so sweet.  These are the people who dreamed up such murder?!?!   I know I've said it one, but I'll say it again, "Appearances can be deceiving". 

No comments:

Post a Comment