Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Fit Ending

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod:  Twelfth Grade Kills by Heather Brewer

Adolescent Paranormal

This is #5 in the series and the last book.  I really, really, really liked this series but I was ready to find out all the answers to all my questions and say good-bye.  It was the lengthiest of all the books but also the best one of the series.  Truly, it did the storyline justice.

Vlad is getting closer and closer to the day of decision and his part in the prophecy seems as murky as ever.  The Slayers have ramped up their efforts to exterminate Vlad.  Joss comes to Vlad bearing an olive branch of friendship but Vlad wonders if this is just another trick.  Joss does admit he was instructed to kill Vlad and that he's still a Slayer.  And, Vlad is having conflicting feelings about his perfect ex-girlfriend (and Joss's current girlfriend) and Snow, his drudge. On top of all that drama, there is a surprise in the book that I just didn't see coming.  Not at all!  Wow! I love it when a book surprises me.

It is the ending to Vlad Tod's story but Brewer has taken Joss, one of Vlad's best friends and enemies and started a series about him called The Slayer Chronicles.  The author left it open enough that this series could continue or another one could start.  I'm not dying to read it but if someone laid it on my desk, I would.  I hate it when authors have only one idea.  I'm read to say good-bye to a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment