Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Made Me So Angry!

Prodigy: A Legend Novel #2 by Marie Lu

Dystopian

I hated the ending of this book so badly that I literally threw it across the room.  It was awful!  I am not one of those readers who demand a happy, sappy ending full of 'happily-ever-afters', but this ending just seemed so pointless and out of character.  I felt cheated that I waded through almost 1,000 pages to get to it.  I didn't like the surprise Lu had in store for me and swore that I would never pick up another book with her name on it.

Then, I learned it wasn't the end of the series.  So, now I can come down on my ledge! 

June and Day escaped to the colonies with their lives, but is it any better than back home in the Republic?  The leader of the Republic dies and his son Elector Primo takes over.  Primo has a huge crush on June and the rebels decide to use this relationship to further their own political agenda.  The more time June spends with Primo, though, the more she starts to believe in his cause. 

I was expecting a more passionate growth in June and Day's relationship, but instead got a kind of boring political not-so-thriller.  I did like the romantic tension between Tess and Day, but it was undeveloped and led nowhere, like some other plots and subplots in the book.  Hopefully, book three in this series can salvage the ending.  I still did love here what I loved in the first book:  a story told in alternating viewpoints, with differing chapters by June and Day; and, the secondary characters are becoming as captivating as the main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment