Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Shameless Self-Promotion

Fairy Tale High:  The Curse of Blue Raine by CC Thomas
Adolescent and Up Fantasy


I finally got tired of waiting for all those publishing companies to discover me and just decided to discover myself.  Today, I am reviewing my OWN book.

Will I be honest?  Well, of course!  It's right up there in the Blog Title. 

Blue Raine is a girl who should have it all, right?  Her sister is Snow White, the prettiest, sweetest and most popular girl at Fairy Tale High.  And, maybe if there wasn't this curse hanging over her head, Blue's school year might go better.  And, maybe if the curse didn't have HER NAME on it, she might be more popular.  And, maybe.......what's the point of all that wishing?  The reality is that Blue has a lot to do before the night of her 17th birthday and no amount of wishing and fairy tale hoping will make it better.  If she can't get her act together by then, the fallout won't just be a bad school year; it might mean the death of the very thing she loves most in the world-her twin sister, Snow White.

Intrigued?  I am and I know how it ends!  Really, though, I wrote it for my students at school--those girls who are reluctant readers and a bit like me.  I would never have made a good fairy princess--I'm too rude and surly and smart-mouthed and any true girly-girl feels the same.  (Plus, it's reallllly funny.  Well, I think so.  I laugh at my jokes!)

And, just to shamelessly promote myself a little bit more, here is the Amazon link:  (I know, I'm blushing as I type)

Fairy Tale High: The Curse of Blue Raine

No comments:

Post a Comment