Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Deader is Better

All Together Dead:  Sookie Stackhouse #7 by Charlaine Harris

Paranormal Romance

I just love this series!  It never gets old to me.

Sookie has taken up with Quinn.  Don't get me wrong--I like him and the sex scenes are hot, but...he's no Eric!  When is Eric coming back???  Gross.  Bill is still around.  Stalker, much?  Of course, when Bill, Eric, and Quinn are all in one place with Sookie, delicious things happen. 

Sookie has been "hired", read forced, to attend a vampire convention and act as a human Geiger counter for the vampire queen of Louisiana, measuring what humans are thinking but not saying.  The vampire queen, 14-year old Sophie Leclerq, just happens to be on trial for the murder of her new husband, which happened in the previous book.  Of course, when you get that many vampires together, somebody is bound to wind up dead.  And, now Sookie has to solve that crime too.

Although this one wasn't quite as good as #6, I still loved it.  I hope the author isn't waning--I hate that.  There was plenty of action and adventure and romance and death-defying and I loved that Sookie always has to be her own hero.  My favorite part (in this book and every book) is when Eric saves Sookie.  I love that they are two magnets who can't help that attraction.  Sookie gets deader, and better, with each new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment