Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

No Paranormal Witches, Some Math.....Yet, I Still Liked It!

The Witch of Agnesi:  Bonnie Pinkwater #1 by Robert Speller

Mystery

This isn't normally a book I would like, seeing as how it had mathematical influences and all.  But, I really liked it--and there wasn't enough math to fry my brain.

Bonnie Pinkwater is  a respected teacher and academic coach, and when one of her students disappears on her watch, she can't just leave it to the local police.  When the student turns up dead, Ms. Pinkwater knows she must rush to find the killer before another young person winds up dead.  Add to the mix a witch coven, domestic and child abuse, and a science teacher/love interest, and you have all the ingredients for a really intriguing tale.

This was a great mystery read; one that kept my attention the whole way through, trying to guess the next turn of events.  That is one thing I really liked about this book.  I just couldn't predict what was going to happen next. It kept me zipping right through the pages.  I loved that the main character (and detective) is a teacher, even if she does teach math!  I've never read about a teacher detective before.  Very unique!  It was a mystery where the characters were more important than the crime.  I also liked the humor in it, and the romance was a nice twist.  I love it when aging teachers get their groove on.

No comments:

Post a Comment