Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

I Love To Find a New Series to Love

Mercy Thompson Series:  Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
(Adult Fantasy)

I love to find a new series to devour and this one fits all my requirements:  fantasy, mystery and characters intriguing enough to keep me wanting more at the end.

Mercy Thompson is a fae, a magical creature that can shape shift into different animals.  When a newly turned werewolf shows up at her door, Mercy tries to help him but unwittingly finds herself caught in a battle of control between two warring werewolf packs.  The Alpha werewolf, Adam, just happens to be her neighbor...and protector.  The war follows Mercy home and Adam is left injured and dying.  In order to help him and rescue his daughter, Mercy must return to her roots and confront her demons (not literal ones but in a series like this, you never know).

In addition to the action and adventure, the paranormal romantic triangle at the end was just the perfect way to keep me drooling for the next read.  I came to the end of the book and was astonished it stopped--I forgot it was a story!

This was one of those magical books that I lost myself in.  I forgot all about page numbers, and chapters and time!  I sat down to read and forgot about everything until someone came looking for me.  I cannot wait to start the next one and have already bought the entire series.  Welcome to my Kindle, Mercy Thompson!

No comments:

Post a Comment