Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Dark and Delightful

Mercy Thompson #4:  Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Paranormal/Paranormal Romance

I just love this series!  It gets better and better with each book and each book contains everything necessary for a great read.

When Mercy's mentor Zee is arrested and framed for murder, Mercy is called in to sniff out some clues, literally.  Being a shape-shifting coyote does have certain advantages.  Mercy's stubbornness and meddling finally get her into trouble she can't get out off, with tragic results.  (Adventure, excitement, thrills.)

Mercy's love triangle with Sam and Adam is really heating up.  Sam is currently her roommate and there is clearly an attraction there, but Adam is under her skin and she just can't resist him anymore.  (Romance, unrequited love.)

This is one of the darkest books I think I've read.  I can't give away too much due to plot spoilers but I can say I was stunned and shocked and had to walk away from the book for awhile.  It bothered me deeply--the violence and horror and tragedy and aftermath.  And, this is the very thing that made this book the best one yet.  It's as if this event must happen to Mercy.  I truly can't see any other alternative to the story. Brilliant. (Emotional upheaval.)

The ending of this book makes me want to rush to the next one.  It has romance, sure, and adventure, sure, but for pure thrilling danger, this is one of the best I've read.  (Plot addiction)

Mercy is so stubborn and this new development leaves her vulnerable.  She is off-balance so I know the next book will be very interesting! (A cliff-hanger.)

No comments:

Post a Comment