Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Too Hot NOT to Touch

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
(Adult only)
This has become one of my favorite series of all time.  In this 2nd installment, Lisbeth and Blomkvist tackle the sex trade industry.  While I loved the first one, this one was much better.  I felt I got to know both characters better and could better anticipate their actions and reactions.  There is one more left and I am in no hurry to get.  I'm dragging it out because I know there is only one more! This is one of those series that you hope never ends.

My only warning would be for the faint of heart.  This is sometimes almost like noir fiction--very dark and sexual.  No cozy thriller, here; only evil thoughts, violent murders and sadistic sex crimes.

The main character, Lisbeth, is truly one of the baddest I've ever seen!  I would put my money with her battling the Terminator, Blade, Rocky---you name it.  Even though it is difficult to connect with her, it is through her view of the world that you come to love her so much. 

The plot is one of those that just has you scratching your head the whole time--pure genius. 
I loved every word and plan to read them all again, just for the pleasure of reading Larson's work. 

Read them--you won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment