Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Great Book for Getting Projects Done Around the House

Crash by J. G. Ballard
(Adults Only.  Make that Adult Males Only)

This book is what I like to call a "work-producing" book.  It was so bad that I put off reading it.  I looked for things to do around the house instead of finishing it.  How bad was it?  I painted my back porches, did all the laundry in the house, made some raspberry vinegar, found 3 bags of clothes that no longer fit hiding in my closet, repaired cracks in the drywall, and cleaned out and decorated the guest bedroom.  Oh, yeah-and learned to knit.  And then knitted a shawl and baby afghan. 

I was still looking for other things to do but wanted to get finished so I could start reading again.

What's it about?  As far as I can figure, there are these two guys who REALLY like car crashes--watching them, driving around looking for them, being in them.  That's about it. Bloody, bizarre and uncomfortable.

I feel better now that it's finished--on to a better book!

No comments:

Post a Comment