Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Easy to Love

Easy by Tammara Weber

Romance

I am always hesitant to read and review books offered to me for free.  I have been burned by so many bad, free books (Thanks, Netgalley!).  But, this book wasn't offered by a publisher or the author so I thought I would give it a read. I am so glad I took the chance!

Jacqueline is having a tough year at college.  First, her long-time high school boyfriend dumps her.  She is having a hard time figuring out who she is without him.  This resonated so strongly with me and it will with anyone who has ever had a long-term relationship and then been dumped.  Her pain and responses were so real, so true. 

Then, when she finally starts to rebound from that romance, she is almost brutally raped.  Again, the situation and Jacqueline's pain and terror are dealt with in ways that are true to the subject, true to her characters, and true to the reader.

Jacqueline is saved from her attack by a gorgeous stranger and then her life starts to turn around.  Soon, she has a crush on two amazing guys--one of them she's never even met!

I absolutely loved this book and couldn't put it down until I read the whole thing!  It reminded me of so many of my own experiences and college days.  I loved that both the main characters were so broken, each in their own way.  This book is like '50 Shades of Gray' for an older teenage audience.  That 'brokenness' in both books is so appealing to me.  Broken people are worthy of the love and attention you give--it is worth picking through the brier patch of their hearts.  The message is, once again, love always wins.

If you are a hopeless romantic, read this book.  It is very racy, though, so I would have to recommend for older teens and adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment