Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Condie is a Master with Words

Matched #3:  Reached by Ally Condie

Dystopian Fiction

I loved, loved, loved this entire series!  It was so addictive and this last one, the ending, was so satisfying.  I have found that many writers, after their books have become wildly popular, commercialize the last book.  They try to make ALL the readers happy with a ridiculously sappy ending or leave the ending open in an equally ridiculous way to capitalize off another, new series.  This one felt well and truly ended and it was worth reading all those pages just to get to this.

Reached started just where the other one left off, but it really picked up the pace.  I was afraid it was going to drag like book #2 did, but it got right to business and stayed that way.  Cassia, Ky, and Xander tell their own story in each of their chapters.  I don't know which of these three I like the most.  I do know that ALL of them cannot get what they most hold dear and that created the most delicious tension.  Cassia and Ky and Xander continue their quest to overtake their Society and are working hard in the Rising to make that happen.  If you need more of a summary than that, go back to the first book in the series and start reading from there. 

What I loved best about these book was Condie's writing style.  Her prose sounds so like the loveliest poetry.  I found myself rereading parts out loud, just to hear what the words would sound like.  Overall, I'm sad that the series is over.  Hopefully, the author will come out with some new book.  I'm pretty sure I would read anything she writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment