Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Definitely Loved It

Sookie Stackhouse #6:  Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Paranormal Romance

These books just get better ad better and this was the best one yet!

Sookie's cousin Hadley dies and, while they haven't been close in years, Hadley was still family.  So, Sookie takes off work for a few days and drives to New Orleans to see what Hadley left in her will.  Course, nothing is ever easy with Sookie!  It turns out that Hadley was the favorite lover and love of the vampire queen of New Orleans.  What should be an easy trip just got way more complicated.   Someone doesn't want Sookie investigating Hadley's death or life too closely, so that  is just what Sookie does.    When Sookie finds out Hadley was murdered, she knows she is on the right track.  Sookie's new love interest is a were-tiger.  I really like him but I hope she is using him just for his body.  I have my hopes set on Eric.  Bill is still on the outs and Eric is getting the cold shoulder. New lover Quinn is in.

It is a fascinating read on the social/hierarchical structure of vampire marriages.  Although Sookie's 'Miss Innocent' act is starting to stretch my patience, her love life is hotter than a $2...well, you get the point.  These book are addicting!  Sookie is addicting!  Each time I get the new one, I feel like I've given myself a little gift.  I've read reviews that say Sookie is a static character, that she doesn't change, but I've found that to be untrue and I can't wait to see what she does in #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment