Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Short, And Not So Sweet

Dream Dark:  Caster Chronicles #2.5 by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Paranormal

The information said it was 80 pages long, but that was seriously misleading.  More than half this book was the beginning of the next book in the series.  This should be more like #2.1! 

I bought this because it was about Link and I am really starting to be intrigued with him as a character and with his on-again/off-again relationship with Ridley; but, this didn't have much in it to satisfy my reader's curiosity.  It was disappointing and not worth the little money I spend on it.

The story didn't advance the plot of the series and didn't advance the character of Link.  It seemed kind of pointless.  The plot:  Link is trying to come to grips with turning into a Linkubus and goes on a mission through some underground tunnels.  He is joined by a friendly dog and confronts an evil creature.  Some of this Link does kind of connect in Beautiful Redemption, the final book, but I still just doesn't see how it really matters for the overall plot.

I'm a little made that I paid for this when it was included in the next book for free!  I feel ripped off and cheated and it causes me to respect the authors less.  I am a reader first, not a wallet!  There should be a note on the 'Book Description'.  I hate to be used just for my money.  I'm ready for this series to be over.  The series never achieved lift-off after the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment