Rainer Maria Rilke

"Live a while in these books, learn from them what seems to you worth learning, but above all love them. This love will be repaid you a thousand and a thousand times, and however your life may turn,-it will, I am certain of it, run through the fabric of your growth as one of the most important threads among all the threads of your experiences, disappointments, and joys."--Rainer Maia Rilke


Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

A Tepid Romance, At Best: Dark Side of the Moon by Sherilyn Kenyon

Dark Hunter #10:  Dark Side of the Moon by Sherilyn Kenyon

Paranormal Romance

I am reading this series on the recommendation of my neighbor, who keeps me fed with each new book in the series.  This is a good thing as I most certainly wouldn't buy them on my own.

In the beginning, I really liked the series.  It was fresh and funny, if a bit silly.  However, I am always one for a good story no matter the genre, so I hung on.  At first, I was disappointed.  The series continued to throw good plots and interesting characters my way, drawing me deeper into the fantasy world Kenyon has created with paranormal creatures in New Orleans.  After about the fifth book, though, the sparkle started to fizzle for me.  This book is definitely a limp fizzle.

The main character, Ravyn, is a shape-shifting cat who was adopted and rescued by Susan, a defunct journalistic reporter. She soon learns his secret and the two are on the run from creatures who want Ravyn dead and don't care who they kill to achieve their goal.

The story on this one was just okay.  The characters never really developed beyond the stock, cardboard characters and I found myself really not caring if one, or both, of them were casualties in the dark war in the book.  The romance between the two was tepid at best and I really couldn't wait for it to be over. 

I really hope my neighbor doesn't bring anymore of these to me.  I'm ready to move on.  Kenyon has lost her spell over me.  I'm looking for a new author to claim me.

No comments:

Post a Comment